Saturday, 18 September 2010

The story so far

I have now caught up with pictures as to where I am at at the present. I have a ton of claying to do, which will probably take me all this weekend and next. But it is finally starting to take some shape.
Dorma window on front roof panel. This panel will lift off.
Second apex attached. Rear roof panel layed on to give an idea.
Internal wall beamed this side and glued to mid section. Front low wall beamed.

Another apex roofline that is higher has to go behind this one.
Mid section.
Have made the back wall roughly, so I have a rough guide.
Internal wall between main bedroom and third. I have no idea at this stage how I am going to achieve all the various roof lines.....will just have to wait and see.
I put grooves in the floor and brass tubes for the wiring of the lights for the floor below to run through this time.

Floor boards will go over the top.
All stained up. The stain will all be toned down in the finishing touches.
End panel in it's place. Small front wall removable also.
This panel will also be removable. Along with the low wall to the front and the front roof panel with dorma window.

o in effect the whole room will open up.
This is the end panel for the right hand side of the house. Thought I would do some fancy beam work.

Wednesday, 15 September 2010

Stained up and almost ready for clay. Getting an idea of the size it is going to be now.
Notice in the foreground a shed scene that Karen has built for my dad for xmas.

Tuesday, 14 September 2010

Sunday, 12 September 2010

Front propped in place to give an idea.
Beams all stained up and the claying done, the outside anyway.
Starting the beaming.
The lower part of the small bedroom front. I must invest in some larger clamps.

Small Bedroom

Just the smaller window. But I am going to make this part extend out.

2nd Floor

I have decided that I am not going to have attic rooms, as I would like to be able to see all the roof beam work.

So I am going to make all the fronts that come off on the second floor apexed so that when they are taken out all the roof beamwork will be visible.

Also I think that there are enough rooms anyway.

This will be the front to the small bedroom on the left hand side as you look at the house.

Saturday, 4 September 2010

Bannister in position.
Railings for stair area in prlour.
Just about finished and in position.

Library Fire

All clayed up...ready for colour washing.
Back wall for Library / Music room and external hall way. including small fire place for Library.
Back wall done.
Back wall in place & ready for staining etc
The back to the Parlour & Terrace.

So Far

Parlour, looking in from the back. Bay window sits nicely.
It is starting to look a bit like a doll house now.

Thursday, 2 September 2010

Front stained up and ready for claying. As with all other fronts they are clayed inside as well as out.

Library / Music room

Thought I would do a bit more of a 'thing' with the beams for the front of the Library / Music room. Give the house a varied look.

Wednesday, 1 September 2010

Bay Window

Voila....The Bay window just slides in and out. The small retaining wall is also removable to give a large access area to put furniture in.

Support for window

This is the small retaining wall that will support the back of the large Bay window. All ready to be clayed up.

Parlour

Parlour boarded up. Note the posts that the large Bay window will sit on.
Library / Music room stained

External Stair well

Boarded out ready for staining. I will use a sponge for the staining as this should give a quicker coverage with least marks.

Floor boards

I used the Iron on strip that you can get on a roll. I think it looks better than ply cut into strips and should look ok once stained. The reason I don't like ply for this is because the grain is too large, which is why I don't use it for beams etc either